The ideal of writing your own vows sounds easier than it is.
Here are some tips to keep in mind.
1. Read lots of vow examples for inspiration.
2. Agree on a format and tone.
Romantic? Humorous? Are you reading the same vows or different vows?
3. Jot down notes about your relationship.
When did you meet? Where did you meet? What do you miss most when you are not together?
What qualities do you admire?
4. Promises....make one promise or a bunchof promises.
Most couples start with "I promise..." and end with "Thank you for marrying me."
5. Write it out. 1-2 minutes only
6. Practice out loud.
7. Make a clean copy.
If you suddenly get choked up and can not read your vows, your Officiant can do it.
Bryce Hall - Marriage OfficiantGetHitchedVa.com804-220-1310Follow me on FACEBOOK: GetHitchedVa
Categories: Wedding Tips
Oops, you forgot something.
The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.