Get Hitched in Colonial Beach, VA

  "Courthouse Style" Civil Marriage Ceremonies without the Courthouse environment


Wedding Tips & Tricks plus more!

view:  full / summary

Did you get Engaged on 4th of July? Get Hitched in Colonial Beach, VA

Posted on July 5, 2017 at 9:05 AM Comments comments (0)

The 4th of July holiday is one of the top TEN dates to get engaged. For all of you who said "YES", I wish you a heartfelt Congratulations!

If you are planning a late 2017 or early 2018 wedding ceremony, now is the time to reserve your Marriage Officiant. I can travel to your venue choice whether it is your home, farm, favorite B&B, quaint cottage or simply an on the beach ceremony. No ceremony is too small or too large with me as your officiant. I travel in Westmoreland and King George counties and can often officate ceremonies, same day as you receive your marriage license. 

Virginia has NO residency requirements and no waiting period. VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS!  
You can obtain your marriage license from ANY Virginia Courthouse.
Colonial Beach, VA is often a favorite venue to Get Hitched.  If you are traveling from other states, there are many venue options and places to stay in Colonial Beach, VA. 

Dreaming of a fairytale wedding? Your dreams can come true at the Dennison Street Inn

Planning a blended family honeymoon vacation? Visit Cairn Cottage II 

Elopements or small planned wedding ceremonies? Contact me directly for venue suggestions.

Please LIKE/FOLLOW me on Facebook: GetHitchedVa

I post wedding tips, favorite quotes, upcoming holiday and novelty wedding dates available. I hope to hear from you soon to reserve your special date and time.

Bryce Hall, Marriage Officiant

804-220-1310 Call/Text
804-240-3631 Text only

Looking for a Unique Bridal Bouquet?

Posted on June 28, 2017 at 1:20 PM Comments comments (0)

Build your bouquet on the way down the aisle by accepting flowers from your guests. 

Bryce Hall, Marriage Officiant

Legally wed on the Potomac in Virginia?

Posted on June 23, 2017 at 1:30 PM Comments comments (0)

It is easy to overlook that the Potomac River along King George & Westmoreland county boundaries is under the jurisdiction of Charles County, Maryland.

If you are planning to GET HITCHED on your family's local pier or the Riverboat Restaurant or Coles Point Tavern (just to name a few places along the Potomac River), remember you are in MARYLAND and will need an official marriage license from a Maryland Courthouse.

Of course, you can get married on shore in Virginia and have a photo shoot at your favorite Maryland restaurant or pier.

Bryce Hall, Marriage Officiant, is licensed to officiate in Virginia and Maryland. It is up to YOU to have the correct marriage license.

Make sure your marriage is legal!

Bryce Hall - Marriage Officiant

Make Sure Your Marriage is Legal in Virginia

Posted on June 16, 2017 at 1:25 PM Comments comments (0)

Important Notice to Prospective Couples getting Married in Virginia

Every religious and civil marriage celebrant in Virginia must have obtained authorization from a Virginia Circuit Court to perform wedding ceremonies.

THREE (3) Questions You Should Ask Your Celebrant Before You Get Married:

1. Has your celebrant (either religious or civil) been authorized by a Circuit Court in Virginia to perform wedding ceremonies?

2. Does your celebrant know the location (county or city) of the Circuit Court that gave him/her the authority to perform wedding ceremonies?

3. Does your celebrant know the year the Circuit Court gave him/her the authority to perform wedding ceremonies?

If your celebrant answers YES to all of these questions, then your celebrant has been authorized to perform wedding ceremonies in Virginia.

If your celebrant answers NO to any of these questions, DO NOT GET MARRIED until either:

(i) your celebrant obtains a court order from a Circuit Court in Virginia authorizing him/her to perform wedding ceremonies; OR

(ii) you select another celebrant who is authorized to perform wedding ceremonies in Virginia.

Bryce Hall, Marriage Officiant, has been a court-appointed Marriage Commissioner since 2009.

Commonwealth of Virginia - Listing of Circuit Courts
click HERE

Q. I promised my best friend that he could officiate my marriage ceremony. What should I do?

In Virginia, obtaining a one-time, court order to officiate can be challenging and time consuming.
Bryce Hall, Marriage Officiant, will be happy to meet with you prior to your big day and perform your official and legal civil marriage ceremony. Your favorite family member or friend can then officiate on your big day and no one will know but YOU!

Q. My Celebrant was not authorized to perform wedding ceremonies in Virginia and we are already married. What should we do?

If you already had your wedding performed by a non-authorized celebrant, you may need to have your marriage affirmed by the Circuit Court of Virginia that issued the license. Contact your Courthouse to discuss your options. You may need to hire an attorney to assist you with this process. 

Special Note: One local couple discovered that their celebrant was not authorized to perform their marriage ceremony.......after two years of being married. They asked me to officiate right way to make it "legal".

Bryce Hall - Marriage Officiant